Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Un sapo, sapo, sapo que nadaba en el rio, rio, rio...

I'm sorry. I can't just write one blog about this.


So for the last thirteen years of my life, I think I was on one long mission trip. For example, every Wednesday last year, I would go to the city dump with a group from my school and we would help out in the daycare for kids whose parents live among the trash. A few years before that, we went to a children's hospital every week and basically evangelized and did goofy stuff to make the kids happy. I've helped to translate for different groups from the U.S. who came down to Ecuador to go on a mission trip (although the emphasis on those trips was always on something other than God... oops). I went to a school for missionary kids; we even had an Evangelism Explosion class to teach us how to talk about Jesus.

Because of all that, it's really hard for me to be in a place where a mission trip isn't waiting to happen right outside my window.



It will be interesting to see what happens to my passion for the world when I'm no longer forced to be in it. And I think that's all I can say about it.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Your world view has been formed by your childhood experience. I really believe you have an advantage amongst your peers. The world is getting smaller, the needs getting greater and the opportunities to show the love of God are all around. And you understand...you get it!
Be proud to be a "freak" or a 3rd culture kid - what an adventure your life is going to continue to be!
M