Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Like we meant it

I've had a little too much Ecuador today.

For my adolescent lit class, I wrote an original story for young adults based on my experiences as a missionary kid and then had to present it this morning. 

For public comm, I gave a speech on the reality of missionary kids.

Am I exploiting my background? Where is the line between using your experiences to fuel your creativity and taking advantage of your unique youth to make your life seem more interesting?

Added to all of this is a homesickness that is becoming more and more acute as the days go by. I need my home, my bed, my cuisine, my country? Yes. I need my country, and whatever memories may go along with that.

1 comment:

samauger said...

Every single paper I wrote last semester was almost entirely about my experiences in Ecuador. Is that wrong? I wonder how long I can get away with this before I have to have new experiences...