Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear World


Dear World,

I miss you.

It's been a while since we've hung out, and frankly, I'm lonely for the way you make me feel. See, I started this new relationship with this society called America and I am just having the hardest time adjusting to how different this new relationship is. Every once in a while, America will bring up something that reminds me of you and it makes my heart feel happy for one moment and then guilty the next. You don't think I deserted you, do you, World? Because that's how it feels to me sometimes. Like I gave up on this great relationship you and I had going.

I'd really like to try and work something out between us again. I've never felt as alive or purposed as I did when we were together. I really think you are my destiny.

Maybe in a couple of years we could give our relationship another chance? I promise I'm more mature than last time and I'm working on being more thoughtful and sensitive to your needs, just like you asked.

Well, America is starting to give me suspicious glances. I have a feeling that she wouldn't want me to be talking to you if she knew about how much I was in love with you or how long our relationship lasted. I wish we could all just be friends, but I'm not so sure that America would be ok with me being involved with both of you. She kind of gets jealous sometimes.

This was just a quick note to let you know that I'm thinking about you. I think I'll have some time off in about a month or two, so maybe I'll come to visit? Hopefully, you won't be mad at me.

I love you, World. I hope you haven't forgotten that.

Hugs and kisses,
Rheanna Lea Cline



No comments: