Monday, March 30, 2009

Magic

An older homeless woman came into the optometry office where I work today. She was holding a pair of very expensive-looking sunglasses and I found out later she bought them from my office after she had made an appointment last year. The most unusual thing about this scenario is that she actually had pretty good insurance. 
Anyway, when she came in today, I asked her a few times if she was looking for glasses. She either couldn't hear me or couldn't understand, but she finally stated that she was just looking and brusquely brushed me aside as she roamed around the store.
You know those stories about people who help the lost or lonely and then find out they actually helped an angel or even Jesus himself? My old homeless woman is exactly who I would expect Jesus to be disguising himself as.
It's either that, or she's magic and I've just gained a hundred years of long life for my firstborn child. You know. Either/or.

No comments: