Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gracias por la lluvia


I wrote this one morning on my way to school in high school. In my head, it's also set to music.

I love the rain, especially in So Cal where it never rains. It makes everything seem a fairytale world, with the sky dark and daunting like some foreign prince has taken the sun captive, but at the same time, the sound of raindrops steadily dropping is such a comforting sound. And walking in the rain? Might be the best thing ever:


It's another rainy day
My world is cloudy and grey
I can't stop thinking about all you've done for me

It's the beginning of a new week
Pressure comes with no break
Will I push you out of my mind and forget?

I want to praise you
for the things you've done
that have kept me going on,
going strong.
I want to sing to you
the glories of your Precious Name.


Thank you for the rain
Oh God
It's beautiful, beautiful

Thank you for the rain
Oh God
It's beautiful, beautiful
Thank you

No comments: